If, like a lot of us now, you're wearing a mask to go out in public, you may be wondering about how to adapt your makeup to this new reality. Plus, we all need quick solutions to looking good when we do leave the house.
With this article, we've got you covered. Here are 3 quick tips for doing your makeup when you're wearing a mask!
1. If you're wearing foundation, give it some staying power with powder, then mist your face with toner or water to keep it in place. We love Vapour Beauty's Velvet Glow Foundation, along with Vapour Beauty's Perfecting Powder.
Other great options are Lily Lolo's Finishing Powder and Pure Anada's Finishing Powder in Glow Minerals (also available in a matte finish).
2. Give your brows some attention. Brows are what frame your eyes and can make you look up-to-date. While wearing a mask, your brows are going to be even more visible.
Our two best tips for great brows are to start by maximizing their potential with a brow serum like the best-selling Moon Boost Lash & Brow Enhancing Serum or Plume's Lash & Brow Enhancing Serum (by the way, as the name suggests, these serums are amazing for maximizing your lashes too!).
While you're waiting for your brows to reach their full potential, fill them with a natural, long-lasting brow wax in a shade lighter than your hair color. (This keeps you looking youthful and is a more natural look.) If you're a blonde with brows that are barely visible, or if you like a little more drama, choose a shade that's a bit darker than your hair color. We love Ecobrow's Brow Defining Wax, along with their Defining Brush. If you prefer a pencil to fill in your brows, try the soft Plume Nourish & Define Refillable Brow Pencil (it also contains ingredients to help grow your brows!)
3. Lastly, don't forget to play up your eyes! After all, that's what people are going to be seeing! You can keep your eyeshadow simple with a swipe of bronzing stick or a natural shade of eyeshadow like Pure Anada's Nectar, but the key here is mascara! Curl those lashes first (the Plume Lash Curler is the very best we've ever tried!) and then add two or three coats of mascara to make your eyes pop.
If you're looking for a great mascara, we carry 4 fabulous ones (seriously, it's hard to pick a favorite from this bunch!). We can't really play favorites, but here's what you need to know to make your pick:
- Pure Anada mascara is a light (but very buildable) mascara that has many devotees. It can take you from just a slight enhancement of your lashes, to POW! when you apply a few coats.
- Vapour Beauty Mesmerize mascara is winning clean beauty hearts over every day with it's non-drying, creamy texture that goes on a bit thicker, and is very buildable. Plus, it's got great staying power!
- Lily Lolo's Big Lash Mascara is another fan favorite, with lengthening properties that will make your lashes look miles long (okay, maybe not miles!). It's a fabulous option if you're looking for a little more drama right off the bat.
- Last, but certainly not least is the award-winning Lily Lolo Mascara. This was their original and is beloved by many who like a good, reliable clean and vegan mascara that won't smudge and lasts all day.
Even though wearing a mask may not be the most fun thing you've ever done, at least it gives you an opportunity to play with some new makeup. And that's always a good thing in our books!
Have any more makeup tips for mask wearers that we missed? Share them below!
These are great tips! I agree that wearing a mask is the perfect time to play up your eyes.
Jolynn October 15, 2020